The following details the past five days wherein I'd been carrying the hand with me constantly.
- Gifted with a free book
- Client with a long-term debt that had, to date, been unpaid paid me in full
- Supply run cost me considerably less than usual, but I purchased more materials - as an example, I saved ~30$ on candles.
- Met up with old friends whom I'd not seen for well over a year - these folks are business connections as well, so the tie is interesting.
- Found cash on the ground
- Found difficult-to-find items for ~75$ less than what I would have expected to pay for them.
- Purchased a mattress and box spring set for $1,800 less than its list price and $250 less than local competitor pricing, even after delivery fees.
- Saved ~300$ on bedding and so forth for the new mattress
- Stumbled upon coupons at a grocery store totaling 50$ in savings
- Went to a local store and picked up some necessary stuff for around the home, and the cashier was going to let me walk away with all of the goods for 1/3 of the price they should have been. The missus, not realizing what I was doing, magically speaking, spoke up as a result of moral qualms, providing me with an interesting topic of discussion for a later post.
- Purchased more bedding stuff at 1/3 the usual cost, saving ~50$
- Found a 50$ gas card
- Saved ~150$ on a new bed frame
- Wasn't charged for delivery on a few items
- Ate out and didn't get charged for some of the meal, thereby saving 20$
- Was given store credit for a 100$ return item that I did not have the receipt for, which, incidentally, goes against the store's policy.
- Purchased ammunition for a substantial discount
- Wasn't charged range fees and rented a pistol for free
- Received an unexpected discount on grocery items I had already intended to buy
- Completed a firearm sale to a friend
One of the things I noticed that's worth mentioning is that since I work from home, the hand was most effective when I carried it while running errands. This makes sense, as it was actually able to be effective only when I was actually in a situation where its effects could bear fruit.
All in all, I would consider the creation of the talisman to be time well-spent.