I was speaking with a friend of mine today about obtaining a job with magic, and, as one would expect, the next step in the conversation was, naturally, "well, what do you do when you don't get a result?" This blog post is a direct result of this conversation, as I shared a few questions I ask myself and/or my clients when I am working to help them in this department.
These questions fall, loosely, into the order in which you see them here, as one question often begets the next:
- Do you have a target job?
- Do you have a target location at which you wish yo work?
- Do you have a target income?
- Do you have specific needs that have to be met?
- if so, how adamant are you that they be met?
- Have you been putting in resumes?
- What is the content of those resumes?
- Are the resumes enchanted in any way?
- Are people looking at the resumes?
- Have you received any calls looking to schedule interviews?
- Do you any appropriate connections that can be exploited?
- What are the names and professions of your references?
- What's the client's credit like?
- Is the client crossed up?
- What does a divination say about the situation?
- Does the divination indicate that previous work was successful, unsuccessful, or in a holding pattern?
The aforementioned are only some such examples of what one can ask themselves in order to elucidate the cause of the delay in finding a job. Many times, when this happens, either you're not putting in enough resumes, the content of those resumes is terrible, you don't have useful connections, or you're not meant to do that job.
That being the case, a lot can be done to fix the situation once you know those answers. Without them, you are simply flying blind.
I do hope that helps.