It's come to my attention that some folks still have further questions about pacting with spirits, so I thought it would be pertinent to discuss the subject in greater detail. When you set out to make a pact with a spirit, there are certain skills which are definite prerequisites and a few that are simply handy to have.
- Hear and understand spirits
- Evoke them
- Talk to them and be understood
- Constrain them
- Divinatory prowess
- The ability to confirm the nature and disposition of the conjured entity
• See spirits
• Understand the culture of the tribe the spirit is from.
• Ability to form meaningful relationships
• Ability to negotiate
• Ability to read between the lines
If you have those skills, practice makes perfect. If you do not possess those skills, I'd recommend that you work with a professional...otherwise, it's relatively certain that things will get messy for you.
My advice would be to start small with local spirits target than grimoiric heavy-hitters, as then damage control is easier if you screw up. If you should mess up, I'll be happy to help sort your life out for a fee.
That said, happy conjuring.