I thought I'd share a brief collection of tips to use when interacting with spirits during conjurations, prayers, and impromptu brushes. These have come up in discussion elsewhere and seemed to be worth sharing.
- "Please remember that I am a human being & thus must consider those frailties before acting upon your bestowed boons" This has come up as being important when interacting with spirits like Elubatel, who has categorically shown to be willing to go off-roading with human beings. He's powerful, but we can get lost in that power, as can out needs.
- "Forswear, upon the seal of your Creation, harm of myself and those closest to me." When dealing with a feisty spirit, this can be a nice addition.
- "Assist me with grace and diligence." Might seem simple, but 'grace' covers a lot of ground and can negate some of te many bumps along the way.
- Ask the spirit how you can assist it in return for what you're asking. A mutually fulfilling relationship is a more useful, long-lasting relationship.
- Make offerings before and after as a means of introducing yourself and thanking the spirit for showing up.
- Research out the imagery associated with the entity and determine what things it might like by extension. It a spirit has a things for ducks, then small fish, fish eggs, and small insects aren't a bad option. The same can be said for your dead relatives.
- Mark days of merit. If a day seems important, write it down and use it.
That's all for now. Happy conjuring!